Post on 9 February 2020 (Sunday)
Post on 4 December 2019 (Wednesday)
Post on 29 November 2019 (Friday)
Post on 21 November 2019 (Thursday)
- Upload Video for viewing by students. An instructor can upload a video recording to Panopto and make it viewable via a link in a Moodle course.
a. A readily available way to capture video with synchronized PowerPower presentation (called “pancast”) is to install and use Panopto’s client recording software.
b. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to open an account on HKU Panopto server for uploading pancast or other video.
c. If wishing to use another video recording tool, please remember to get its usage license according to the vendor’s regulations.
Post on 18 November 2019 (Monday)
Skype for Business. HKU has subscribed to the license for using Office 365, so instructors can have unlimited hours and sections of online meetings with students using Skype for Business. Instructors can refer to the handout (thanks to the Faculty of Education) showing how to schedule an online meeting with students. An instructor may follow a procedure to record and play back a Skype for Business meeting.
Please note that students are not assigned with Skype for Business license. Students may join online meeting setting up by staff using the link provided . (Please find the procedures at https://elearning.edu.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/11/SkypeWebSchedule.pdf).
Post on 15 November 2019 (Friday)
- The primary support website is: http://moodle-support.hku.hk/
Moodle integrates tightly with the Student Information System to feed in up-to-date course information about students in a class. The most commonly used features are:
- Forum for discussion among students and/or instructors (teacher, TAs)
- Assignments & Submission
- Online Quizzes
- Grade & Feedback Marking
Teachers can design and create a variety of assessments on Moodle as an alternative to proctored examination. To learn more about assessment setting on Moodle, please click http://moodle-support.hku.hk/teacher/Quiz
- Panopto system enables an instructor to record a video of presentation (called a pancast) with synchronization of PowerPoint slides. A pancast can be easily uploaded to a Moodle course site where students can view it from the Moodle course or shared its hyperlink on any website.
Instructors can record a pancast with their own PCs (Windows or MacOS) or phones by downloading the client software at http://lecturecapture.hku.hk. A pancast can be edited (with addition of other video clips) and output to other video formats e.g. MP4 or Podcast. To learn more about the usage of Panopto, please click http://moodle-support.hku.hk/teacher/lcs-panopto-user-guides
- For help with the usage of Moodle and Panopto, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3917 0123 in office hours.