- General information about “My eLearning” tab
- Access my Moodle courses
- Grant access to Students for my Moodle courses
- Grant access to Teachers for my Moodle courses
General information about “My eLearning” tab
“My eLearning” tab is created for the convenience of both teaching staff and students to access the Learning Management System through HKU Portal. In the “My eLearning” tab, teachers can access and manage their Moodle courses, if any. Students can also access their online Moodle courses in the tab.
Access my Moodle courses
Teachers can access their Moodle courses through HKU Portal.
- Login HKU Portal at https://hkuportal.hku.hk
- Select My eLearning tab1
- Access your moodle courses. (The list of Moodle courses is created based on the information from the Student Information System (SIS))
- You can set the Moodle course available to students by clicking “Set available to student1“.
- You can access to manage a Moodle course by clicking the Moodle course title hyperlink 2 .
- You can grant access to Students/Teachers/TAs/Guests by clicking the icons3 next to each course in the courses list, if any.
Grant access to Students for my Moodle courses
To add students:
If the Moodle course is created automatically according to SIS information, the class of students should be automatically added to the Moodle course.
If the Moodle course is manually created by filling form, teacher can follow the steps to grant student access to the Moodle course.
- Click the Grant Student access icon next to the Moodle course
- Select one type of student group:
- For course Code, enter the course Code, e.g. BUSI1001, and optionally, the semester, e.g. A
- For faculty/Year, enter the faculty and year, e.g. Education, Year 1
- For curriculum/Year, enter faculty, curriculum – code and year, e.g. Science, BSc – 03, Year 1
- Click Submit to submit your request
- Click Add new group to add additional student groups. The new group must be of the same type as the existing student groups of the course.
To remove students:
- Next to an active student group, click the button Remove
Grant access to Teachers for my Moodle courses
Teachers of a Moodle course can manage the course contents as well as granting rights to students, other teachers and also guests.
To add a teacher/ TA:
- Click the Grant Teacher access icon next to the Moodle course
- Click Add new teacher/ Add new teaching assistant
- Enter the teacher’s/teaching assistant’s UID
- Click Add to submit your request
- The teacher/TA account will have the status of “To be added”. Once the teacher/TA account is created, a notification email will be sent to the contact email address of the Moodle course
To remove a teacher/TA:
- Next to the teacher, click the button Remove