“Moodle Student Performance by Percentile” classifies student’s performance by percentile according to the student’s overall grades in the Moodle course. This provides more information for the teachers to know the students’ performance in the Moodle course, and thus the teachers can give advice and assistance to the students as the course is in progress.
A. Access the webpage of “Moodle Student Performance by Percentile”
In the “My eLearning” tab of HKU Portal, the teacher can access the webpage of “Moodle Student Performance by Percentile” by clicking the hyperlink which is indicated by the red arrow in the following figure.
B. Functions description of the “Moodle Student Performance by Percentile” webpage.
The above figure shows the webpage of “Moodle Student Performance by Percentile”. .
: Selection box of percentile of Moodle gradebook
- By default, all students grades are listed in the student grade table. The teacher can select 25th, 50th or 75th percentile of the Moodle gradebook, and the students grades table will be updated accordingly.
: Export the student list as CSV file
- The student list in the table can be downloaded as CSV file to the PC for further processing.
: Email the selected students
- A pop-up email form is displayed for teacher to email the selected students (ie. Select the students by checking the checkbox in the student grade table).
: Student grade table
- The teacher can click the green icon under the student No. column to view the student photos.
- The triangular buttons in the table headers can be used to sort the data in the table columns for convenient browsing.