Google disables NPAPI plugins in Chrome v42 and newer version, which is currently required to use in accessing/ editing Panopto video.
Please follow the steps below to enable NPAPI plugins on Chrome:
1. In Chrome's address bar, enter "chrome://flags/#enable-npapi"
2. Click "Enable" under "Enable NPAPI"
3. A message "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Google Chrome" will be pop up at the bottom of your Chrome window. Click "Relaunch Now".
Note: Quitting and reopening Chrome is not sufficient, you must click the "Relaunch Now" button.
4. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx to verify if Silverlight is installed on your computer.
5. You are ready to access Panopto video by using Chrome browser if you received the following screen.
6. If you received the following screen, that means Silverlight is not currently installed on your local computer. Please click "Click to Install" to install Silverlight.