A site license on TechSmith Camtasia is coordinated for use by all staff and students who can install one copy of this software for use on their personal computers during their works or studies at the University.
Camtasia is a screen camcorder and video production tool. It can record screen activity in videos, edit and narrate the video clips. The final cut can be rendered into several standard video formats for ease of sharing.
- Download and Install Camtasia
- Learn the Basics
- User Guides of Special functions
- Upload the completed video to Panopto platform
Camtasia offers the following features:
- Be a desktop camcorder that captures screen activity and applies real-time effects
- Add annotations and watermarks to recordings
- Act as a software camera feed to live productions (for example, broadcasting the computer desktop in a live "webcast" using a streaming media encoder)
- Work as a non-linear editor producing video in AVI or streaming formats
- Output captured files which can be viewed by using the standard Windows Media Player, RealNetworks RealPlayer, or any AVI player (such as TechSmith’s Camtasia Player)
Please follow the user guide below to download and install Camtasia.
Here is a list of online tutorials showing the basic functions of Camtasia:
For more in-depth features, please refer to the official user guides of Camtasia:
- Power Point Add-In Tool Bar
- Import PowerPoint Slides
- Record Your iOS Device (Mac)
- Manually Add Captions to a Video
Teachers can upload the completed video to Panopto platform and share the video to students.
- What are the major differences of Camtasia and Panopto?
- How long does it take to render a video in Camtasia?
Camtasia also hosts a comprehensive support website where you can find more details: