Moodle is the centrally managed learning management system (LMS) at HKU. Moodle courses are accessible through the “My eLearning tab” of HKU Portal by students. The system facilitates students participating in online interactive learning activities, collaborating with peers and communicating with teachers.
The Lecture Capture Services (LCS) is powered by Panopto video capture system. Panopto supports teachers and students to do video recording, playing back, video management, editing, sharing, and inside-video searching. Students can apply for a Panopto account to start their recordings in study rooms of the Learning Commons.
After attending this one hour introductory session, students will learn:
- The basics of HKU Moodle
- How to use Moodle to obtain class materials
- Submit assignments and communicate with others in the class
- How to view a LCS recording (called Pancast) if a teacher has posted it
- How to capture a video presentation with a combination of multiple video/audio sources and PowerPoint
- How to share the videos with others